Wednesday, September 10, 2008
Locked Out
Yesterday, I was finishing up making dinner when there was a knock at the door. I went to answer it, and D snuck out. I sent the kids at the door away, and went after D. While I was chasing D, S closed the door and locked the deadbolt. We were stuck outside. (S had no idea how he locked us out and couldn't unlock the door.) I knew A would be getting off work in the next 3o-45 min so I figured I would just wait. Luckily I had already turned of the stove. What I didn't expect was the down pour. I kept trying to get S to figure out how to unlock the door. He was a little upset that he was in the house by himself. I had to keep talking to him through the window. About an hour later, A finally got home. Just as he got out of the car, the dead bolt clicked. S had finally figured out how to unlock the door!! We ended up with eating a cold dinner.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Oh man, that is hilarious--only way after the fact though, of course. I can totally imagine myself in that situation: completely frustrated, embarrassed that a neighbor would be watching, and giggling uncontrollably. Well, it made for a good story!
Sounds awful. I will now train my children how to unlock doors. I always almost do that with the car - with kids locked in and in their car seats. That would not be fun.
Oh Christy, what a situation. I can just imagine the panic. It sounds like Derek is learning a lot and I am sure that learning to unlock the dead bolt was not one of things you had planned on teaching sean. Oh well. I am glad everybody was ok. (An extra key with a neighbor or hidden somewhere may be a good idea(
That is so funny! A friend of mine had the same experience. The rain just adds to the hilarity of it. I'm glad everything worked out ok.
Post a Comment