Tuesday, March 11, 2008

My New Hobby

I'm starting to feel like I am finally catching up from Daylight Savings. Sad that it takes 3 days to recover from losing one hour. The thing that I don't understand is why my boys didn't sleep in Sunday morning. They usually get up between 7 and 7:30, so I figured they would sleep to 8 or 8:30. No instead they wake up an hour early at 6:30. Can you believe it? The nerve of some children. :)


So I just recently bought a GPS.





I got it to do some geocaching. ( http://www.geocaching.com/ ) People hid little containers with a paper and sometimes toys in it for others to find. Then they put the coordinates on the website so others can find it. When you find one, you sign the paper, and if you want trade toys. Kind of like a high tech treasure hunt. I've already found a few around here. It is a lot of fun.

This is Signal. He is the official geocache mascot.


When I first told A about it, he thought it sounded kind of weird. Now he loves it. Yesterday when he got home from work, he suggested that we find some geocaches for family home evening.


I'm very excited for next Monday. It is my special day to remember Ireland. Yeah for St. Paddy's Day :)

2 comments:

RazakFamily said...

That's right - show that Irish pride!! :)

Deneal said...

I've heard the geocaching is a lot of fun. I think we'll have to look into it when we get back to the states. Glad to see you celebrated the Irish so well!