Tuesday was our ward Halloween party/chili cook off. The boys had a great time. All the classroom doors were decorated, and we went and got candy from each door. During dinner, there were some carnival games that we played too.
I had to leave early, but A said the boys played well and had a good time. I won the chili cook off, but it sounded like not very many people voted. I was excited anyway.
Wednesday, we carved our pumpkin. Last year, D was nervous about getting his hands all dirty. This year he was ready. We even got S to put his hand inside the pumpkin. It took a little coaxing though. D was very excited that Daddy actually let him do a little of the carving itself.
Friday, we started the day at D's school. They had an assembly, and D's class got to parade in their costumes. (D loved his Tony Stark goatee. We didn't let him wear his iron man mask, so he got the beard.) After the assembly, there was the class party. Since I am a "homeroom mom" I got to help plan the party. That meant S was there too.
After school, we went to Daddy's work. We went a little early so we were able to avoid the big crowds. The boys had a great time trick or treating at all the departments. A's team set up their area to look like a mini golf course (Omniture Greens). You could even try your hand at the course if you wanted to. The hole next to A's desk was the crapper. You had to get the ball up the ramp and into the toilet, then it would come on the green behind the toilet. They had 6 holes total, and when we left, A was still tied for the best score.
The famous crapper hole.
One of the gingerbread houses at Omniture.
Dorothy's house on the wicked witch's feet.
When we left, we came home and the boys and I crashed for a couple of hours. We were exhausted. When we woke up, it was dinner time. We went out for pizza, and just enjoyed our time together. We had a great day and week.

2 comments:
Oh, what fun. It is so neat to see the boys having such fun. Next year sean won't be afraid of his costume. They grow so much from one year to the next at this age. Mom
I love the halloween costumes. What a fun halloween. What a difference a year makes. Congrats on winning the Chili cook off. I'll have to get your recipe.
Post a Comment