Monday, October 20, 2008

Weekend excitement

We had a lot going on this weekend. Friday, we actually stayed at home, but S started potty training. He has been sitting on the potty for a week or two now, so we finally got him some pull ups. Most of the time he would sit on his potty chair and do nothing. Friday he went twice in his chair. We were so excited. Now he is even trying to pull down his pants on his own.



Saturday, we had some things going on at the church in the morning. After that, we went to Thanksgiving Point for a scarecrow festival. It was a lot of fun. The have all sorts of blow up bouncy toys. D loved them. I took S on a few. He loved the slides, but was scared of any that you had to crawl through. Here are a few pictures.






Sunday, D was in his first Primary program. He was so fun to watch. He was one of just a few in his class that tried to sing all the songs. It was so cute because on the songs he didn't know, you could tell he was totally lip syncing. There was one song he obviously knew really well. We could hear him over all the other kids.



After church, A was getting lunch ready. He was (I laugh every time I say this) cutting the cheese, and his fingers slipped. He ended up giving himself a nice cut through his thumb nail. We couldn't get the bleeding to stop, so we ended up going to the emergency room. It was slow there, so he didn't have to wait long to get looked at. He was in the room for about 2 hours though. He didn't even get stitches. I'm still not sure what took so long. I guess that because our knife is so sharp and smooth, so was his cut. That meant that the skin wasn't pulling itself back together and we couldn't stop the bleeding. They got the bleeding to stop, put a huge bandage on his thumb, and sent him home. By now it was dinner time. Guess who ended up making dinner. Yes, I had to cut the cheese.

4 comments:

benandkiki said...

I love going to all the festivals. Poor Anthony. How's his finger? I did that last week with potatos, only it wasn't that deep so I didn't even go in for it. It was still pretty tender for awhile though, so I can somewhat sympathize.

emily said...

Whoa! Those kids are flying down those slides. How fun. I thought Derek was so fun to watch in the program. He is such an enthusiastic guy.

Craig said...

What a busy weekend!

Did I tell you yet that Dustin and his wife Jen live on the Thanksgiving Point golf course? I bet you guys have come awful close to running into each other at times! I know they didn't go to the festival this weekend because Dustin was in Moab. Too funny.

I hope the rest of Sean's potty training goes well. Sounds like he is off to a good start!

RazakFamily said...

In our house, the better the wound, the cooler the person! Guess Anthony gets a prize for having the best wound this weekend!! Go Anthony!!