Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Bed of Roses

We finally got bunk beds for the boys. We've been telling them that we'd get them for a while. They were very excited, D especially. We went out to get some running done, including picking out sheets for the bed. (We let the boys pick out what sheets they wanted.) We didn't get home until after 7. We decided to set them up anyway, and didn't get it done until about quarter to 11. The boys were too exhausted to even enjoy the beds. The next day however, they were very excited. D even wanted to take a nap at 9 in the morning just so he could be in his bed.


I was a little worried about S. He was still in his crib when we made the switch. I didn't know how he would adjust. My fear was for nothing, he has done great. He even stays in bed until one of us comes and gets him. I don't know how long that will last though.
For Valentines, we (meaning all 4 of us) went out for dinner. We actually went out on Thursday mostly to avoid crowds. On Saturday, our family spent the whole day together just hanging out and playing. There was a short while however when A left to get some things at the store. He told me he was getting some pieces for a game he was going to play with his brother on Monday. When he got home, however, this is what he got:A full dozen!! I was really excited. A isn't one that gets flowers for me often. He doesn't want me to expect them all the time. Instead he usually gets me some other gift. When he does get flowers, I get really excited because it is such a rare occasion. This is the first time he has brought home a dozen roses for me. Way sweet.

On Monday, A's brother did come over to play there game. (He got here about 7:30 and stayed until around 4. It is always a long game.) His wife had to work on Monday, so he brought he 3 kids with him. D and S had a great time playing with their cousins. The oldest is 6 and is a little mother to S. She is really cute always wanting to hold him and everything. Unfortunately, S doesn't always want to be held, so that created a little conflict. She is excited for me to have our little girl so she can hold her.

The kids played very well together. It was good for all of them, D and S even shared their toys pretty well. I was very pleased with all 5 of them.

2 comments:

Marsh Family said...

I love the bunk beds and Valentine's roses. Funny pic of your happy little crowd, the kids look like they are a bit tired out!

Vicki said...

Christy, I can't believe S. He looks so grown up in this picture. It is so neat to see them grow. The bunk beds look cool. I am glad to see the rail. I remember when Jared fell out of his on about the second day we had them and broke his arm. (one of many broken bones for Jared) Tell them we love them.