Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Laundry Woes

D and one of his friend graduated from nursery on Sunday. D was more interested in the candy cane they gave him then he was with singing the song they were supposed to sing.


So I've been having a pretty stress free Christmas this year. I am basically done with getting gifts ready. I've been relaxed and have taken a carefree attitude. If it doesn't go perfectly, oh well, I can live with it.


That all changed on Thursday when I walked into my bathroom/laundry room and stepped into a huge puddle. I had my socks on too. Gross, I hate soggy socks. Our washing machine was leaking. Of course it was late in the evening, so I couldn't call a repair man. When I called on Friday, they told me the earliest they could get someone in was Saturday afternoon. (The ad in the phonebook said same day service.)


When the guy came on Saturday, I told him what we had found. The leak seemed to be at the bottom of the machine. The drain or the part of the hose that we could inspect wasn't leaking. So to find the leak, he filled it up and let it leak all over our floor. He tried only filling it up part way, but couldn't find it. So of course he had to fill it up all the way.


Once he found the leak (A hole in the hose where it goes into the machine) he told me he couldn't fix it right then. He set up an appointment for Monday to replace the hose. I was very confused by same day service that took 4 days to get my machine fixed. Fortunately, we were basically caught up on our laundry. Of course by the time the problem was solved, we were behind. Aghh!!


2 comments:

Steve, ToVah, Avery, and Z said...

I bet you Derek feels like a big kid now, not being in Nursery. Avery was very excited about her candy cane too. Laundry....I would have to say is my worst nemesis. Well that and the dishes, the things that need to be cleaned the most. I am glad you were able to get it fixed. Living without a washer or dryer is not fun.

Desta said...

Whoo! I finally got to your blog. The link from your comment on mine to your profile never worked, but then I just saw a link on Tovah's site. So unless you are opposed, I will link your site from ours probably tomorrow. It will be your early Christmas present!