Friday, December 26, 2008

Merry Christmas Everyone!!

We hope you all had a great Christmas and were able to spend the Holidays with your family. We had a nice quiet couple of days. We decided to have Christmas with just the 4 of us. It was great to be together and just enjoy our boys.

On Christmas Eve, we went and visited some of our neighbors to wish them a Merry Christmas. When we got home, D helped me make some cookies to put out for Santa. One of Daddy's favorite is peanut butter cookies. We figured that if Daddy likes those so much, Santa probably does too.

When S saw that D was helping me with the cookies, he wanted to help too. It has never taken so long to make cookies. D had a great time stirring and putting in some of the ingredients, while S played with a rolling pin and made sure the tablecloth was nice and smooth.




On Christmas morning, S made a little noise at about 6:30 (not enough that he woke up mind you.) I rolled over to see what time it was, and A said, "I'm so excited, lets get them up now." We went to get them out of bed, and I realize that I hadn't turned on the video camera I had set up the night before. S was clinging on to me, so I had to take him in the room to turn it on. I guess he got a good look, because when I got back to the hall, he wanted down and then took of running into the living room.



D was very excited to see that Santa had eaten his cookies and drank his milk. He noticed that before he even realized that he had presents in his stocking and under the tree.


Santa's plate.



The boys got some leap frog videos that they loved. They also got some Cars toys and a couple Star Wars figures. They got there own video game console. (The v-motion that works kind of like our Wii.) We spent the day watching their videos and watching D play his video game. He is still learning how to recognize numbers, so he took a long time to get past each level.




S's favorite gift was actually one that Mommy and Daddy got. We got the new Guitar Hero World Tour that comes with not only a guitar, but a mike and a drum set. S had a great time pounding on the drum set even when it wasn't plugged in. A took a little time to try out his singing abilities with the mike. He was singing "Eye of the Tiger." Toward the end of the song, S got really excited and climbed into Daddy's arms. Then he put his mouth to the mike and started going, "eye of tiger." over and over again. Both A and I couldn't stop laughing. It was so cute.

2 comments:

benandkiki said...

What a fun Christmas! I'm glad the boys had so much fun with their gifts. We had fun just our little family as well, it was nice and relaxing.

Marsh Family said...

Glad to hear you had a great Christmas. My kids also noticed the missing cookies and found that quite a highlight. That's the best thing about kids they really notice and love "the little things."
Joy