Monday, December 15, 2008

Omniture Work Party

Saturday was A's work party. It was a lot of fun. It was black tie, so we had to get dressed up. I really enjoyed that. I haven't seen A in a tux since our wedding, and I don't think he has seen me with eye liner in about as long.

It was a great night. When we walked into dinner, the waiters and waitresses pulled out the seats for us. Then they placed the napkins on our laps. As we prepared for the first course, they came around and put dressing on our salads for us. It was definitely different. I loved not having to lift a finger.

We decided not to stay for the dance. A's not a big dancer, and my dress was so long that I would probably have tripped and fell on my face. We did enjoy spending time with some of his coworkers and not having to worry about the kids. Here are a couple of pictures. I know they aren't the greatest. I decided that my camera was too bulky and didn't bring it with me. We did get a couple of us in our bathroom, and one of his coworkers took the one at the dinner table on her camera.



Doesn't he look great all dressed up. I couldn't take my eyes off of him.I have to tell you about my dress. I found it at DI. The dress itself was $10 and the jacket was $4. The jewelry was mine and my mother-in-laws. So my whole outfit came to a total of $14. A was very pleased that his wife could be all dressed up for so little. Maybe next year I will splurge and spend over $20. We'll have to see. :)

4 comments:

RazakFamily said...

You guys look GREAT! Hooray for bargain dresses!! I am VERY impressed and think you should get a cookie for doing so good :)

Leslie said...

You guys look great! It's so fun to get fancied up every once in a while.

benandkiki said...

How fun! I'm glad you had a good night. It's fun to get dressed up occasionally and see your spouse get dressed up as well. Great deal on the dress. Hope you're feeling good. I can't wait to find out what you're having.

Shan @ Design Gal said...

you look mahvelous!