Sunday, February 24, 2008

Dinosaurs!

A couple of days ago, D and one of his friends went to the Dinosaur Museum not too far from here. D had never been, so he was very excited. There are a lot of fun activities for the kids to do. D was having so much fun, he didn't want to leave.First, they built their own dinosaur. You get to pick the head, arms and legs. You can even put spikes on the back if you want. They were pretty pleased with their creation. When we started to leave, some other kids came and wanted to change it up. D was so sad they ruined his dinosaur. When I told him I have pictures of it, he seemed much better. This is the erosion table. They get to play in the wet sand and see how the water effects the sand. D was building a mountain so the toy dinosaurs had a place to stand and wouldn't drown.
Here he is searching for bones. At first he wasn't too excited about this because most of the bones had already been uncovered. When he found one that was still completely buried, he was so excited.

We did have one problem while we were there. D decided to run down the hall and lost his balance. He fell right on his face and started screaming. He came running to me. I checked for blood and when I didn't see any, I told him he was fine. Later that night, after dinner and some shopping, we were getting ready for bed. I noticed his gums looked a little more red than usual. When he fell, he knocked a tooth loose. We called A's parents. (They have experience with children knocking out their teeth.) They told us to let it reset itself. If the gum stays bloody, or if the tooth starts to change color, then we should worry. So we sent him to bed. The next morning his gums looked better, but his tooth is still loose. I guess we'll see what happens in a few more days.

So D and S have both found some interesting ways of sleeping lately. I already showed you a picture of Robot D, but here are a few more fun ones:



I guess the cold hard dresser is more comfy than his bed? Maybe his bed is too soft.
We got a new couch from some friends that were getting rid of it. S decided to break it in for us.
He is actually standing on the floor bent over the couch. I was surprised when I took about four pictures with flash and he didn't flinch.
He was so tired this night that he just crawled up into Daddy's lap and was out in about 5 minutes.
Don't they just look so sweet when they are sleeping? I love the peace and quiet.

2 comments:

RazakFamily said...

Hey, i say if they're sleeping, let them be wherever they are!! Those are some of the cutest sleeping pictures ever!! You must really wear those poor kids out during the day!

Leslie said...

I love the dinosaur museum myself! Hope all's well with Derek's tooth. And the sleeping pictures are so sweet. Who doesn't love cuddling!