
So this past few weeks, I've gotten to see some of my friends that I knew from Great Falls. The one in the picture came down with her husband for their anniversary a few weeks ago. They gave us a call, and we went to Park City to hang out with them for a little while. We had a lot of fun. I hadn't seen her for at least 10 years. We were in the same ward growing up, then we were roommates for a year in college. We actually got married just a few months apart. She was celebrating her 7th anniversary at the end of February. We will celebrate ours in April. Also, she has two kids about the same age as our boys. She has a boy and a girl though. She is not expecting though.
This weekend, we decided to torture ourselves by looking at model homes that we can't afford right now. We went to the first place and looked around for a little while. Then A took D to the bathroom. While he was gone the salesman started asking me about where I grew up. I told him Montana, and he guessed what city. Turns out he served his mission there. He was there when I was still at home, and even had dinner at our house. I don't remember him though. He remember my dad and my older brother who was on a mission at the same time, so that was kind of weird.
Then we went to another model home place. This one was kind of busy. There was a couple there that had brought their realtor with them. When we were done looking, I went to put the boys in the car while A finished talking to the salesman. As he was walking out, the realtor stopped him and asked him what my name was. Turns out it was a guy I went to high school with and was also in my ward. He is a realtor in Orem, and his twin brother lives in Salt Lake. I actually saw them both about a year ago, but it was at a funeral, so we really didn't get time to talk. He came out with A and we talked for a little while be for he had to go back to help the couple he was working with.
It was really a lot of fun to see people I knew growing up. It just seems strange though that I'm the one running into people from home when A is the one from Utah. Go figure.

2 comments:
so who was the missionarie??
it's a small world after all!!
Post a Comment