Wednesday, March 18, 2009

St. Patrick's Day

So most of you know that Ireland has a special place in my heart. Not only do I have Irish blood, but I also spent a year and a half there and love the country. If I had to live somewhere besides the US, there is no doubt I would go for Ireland. Anyway, I have a lot of fun on St Paddy's Day.

We started the day out with a breakfast. One of my friends also has Irish blood and set up a little party at the church. We all brought some breakfast foods. (Most were green.) I made Irish Soda Bread. http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Irresistible-Irish-Soda-Bread/Detail.aspx here is the link for the recipe I used. It was actually quite easy. Thanks for the party. It was a lot of fun.

After the party, I took the boys over to A's work. He thought it would be fun to bring his little Irish leprechaun to work. Unfortunately D's hair isn't really red right now. It gets red in the summer, but not yet. Oh well. Anyway, I got them a pot of gold. We went around to everyone on A's team and the boys gave them all a gold coin for luck. It was a lot of fun. We stopped by one desk and talked to a guy that is from Scotland. There were also a couple guys visiting from the London office. It was really cool to actually hear some accents from the British Isles yesterday.

When I got home, I made some cookies that had mint chocolate frosting. I had to make something with green in it. They were pretty tasty too.

Anyway, here are the pictures of our "wee little leprechauns." Not sure what they were doing with their faces, but S was certainly enjoying his cookie.

1 comment: