Friday, March 27, 2009
Soccer Season
We decided to put D in soccer this year. This is his first year to be in a team sport and we are all excited. D especially. A and I really don't know much about soccer other than you need to put the ball in the goal and not touch it with your hands. So we are learning right along side of him. D gets the goal part, but hasn't learned he can't use his hands. He runs the ball down the field then picks up the ball, lines it up with the goal and kicks it in. It is pretty funny to watch.

About halfway through the second half, D decided to try his hand at goal keeper. (In his games, the don't play positions.) He just went and stood in front of the goal. The problem was that he stood in front of the other team's goal. A went to the other side of the field to let him know he was guarding the wrong goal. He finally came over to the right side. We decided that this might be a good position for him since goalie gets to pick up the ball sometimes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
If you need help with the rules, I can do that!!!
Are you playing in Orem or Provo???
Is he just lovin' it?!?!
Kids soccer teams are the best...lots of laughs!
This is so funny. I remember doing baseball (T ball) and basketball with you guys and watching with amazement the learning process. He really is starting to be his own person. It will go so fast enjoy it while you can. I am so glad you have a camera and are a better photographer than I was. Keep up the good work. Mom
How fun! I love watching kids play soccer. Where the ball is there are all the kids in a little bunch chasing it around. You picked a good sport for him to play, one of my favorites.
Post a Comment