Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Drama, drama, drama

I finally got a copy of the picture of D and his cousin that I promised.
S can be such a poser.

Yesterday, we had a sewing group at the church. I spent most of the morning cutting out squares for the denim quilt that A has been asking me for since before we were married. As we were getting ready to leave one of the little girls that was with us hit her head on the corner of a metal door frame and got a pretty big gash. She ended up needing to go to the hospital. That kind of shook me a little. I don't like to see little ones in pain.

About an hour after we got home, D slammed S's finger in the door. When I got his finger out of the door, it was flat. I was convinced that I was going to have to me the other sister in the ER. Fortunately, when the blood began to flow again, the finger reformed. S was very scared though. He wanted me to hold him the rest of the day. I guess the shock or something took a lot out of him, because he slept most of the day. When he would wake up and find out he wasn't in my arms, he would scream. I thought it was going to be a long night, but some how he slept through the night just fine.

Today, the swelling has gone down, and the finger looks normal other than quite a bit of bruising. I used to think that I wanted to be a nurse. After yesterday, I know I wouldn't be able to handle it. Especially if I worked in a pediatric area.

By the way, the little girl ended up with 2 stitches. I talked to her mom, and today she was doing just fine.

3 comments:

Desta said...

I think "drama" is an understatement. More like Trauma. Shall we take our chances next Tuesday? Probably!

Austin Stevenson Owens said...

I love the pictures you've put up on the side door.

And... I'm just WAITING for a slammed finger or something. So far we've been lucky... :D

RazakFamily said...

excuse me...where are the pictures of the smashed finger???