Saturday, January 12, 2008

Football playoffs

I have become a NFL football fan. I was never really into football until I met A. He loves to watch football. He encouraged me to pick a team, and since my high school colors were green and gold, I had to pick Green Bay Packers. (I know, strange reason for choosing a team). That was about 6 years ago. Now I am really into it. At the beginning of each season I print up out teams schedules. (A is a Tampa Bay Buccaneers fan). Then, I keep track of the wins and losses throughout the games. A laughs at me because I now get more into football than he does.

Playoff season started last weekend, and both our teams made it to the playoffs. The Buccaneers however, lost last weekend and are out. Packers didn't have to play last week because of how well they did during the regular season. They play today. They're going to make it all the way to the Super Bowl. Unfortunately, our two teams don't play each other very often. (This picture was taken in 2005) When they do, we have a great time talking trash to each other.

Just so you know, we don't get overly into football. We don't even watch all of the games. We may watch just the last quater of a game or something. Life at home was pretty slow this week. A had month end at work, so he came home late every night.
My brother and his family did stop last Sunday and that was awesome. They have a daughter that is 6 months younger than S and just as tall. They stayed a couple of hours and we enjoyed the visit.

1 comment:

Austin Stevenson Owens said...

It's gotta be so nice to be close to family. :) Especially when the kids are similarly aged. :D